Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Look What I Did. . . .

Photobucket

and what I get to wear because of it. . . .

Photobucket

Yesterday I was working on getting the boxes and boxes of newspaper out of my "play room" (an enclosed porch which serves as the boys' playroom) and into our van to take to the recycling center, when I slipped or tripped or mis-stepped and twisted my ankle. Fortunately I landed on my butt and not on my stomach and the baby is doing well. I knew that I did not break it because I could actually walk about 10 minutes later but it hurt, a lot!! I rested with my foot up and icepacks on the ankle. The reason I went to urgent care, was so that I could get a brace to wear so that I could be some weight on it because I had to work the next morning. I waited to wake my DH up because he didn't get to sleep until 2 p.m. (he works nights) and had to work that night. If I could of stood it I would of just made an appointment for today but I could barely walk at home. I can walk a lot better with the brace. Unfortunately, because of the pregnancy, the only pain killer I can take is Tylenol and I want to take an antiinflamatory (ibuprofen). I might call my doctor this morning and ask if I can take anything else.

On a lighter note: I made this video this morning of my eldest boys dancing. You can barely hear the music - it's being played by a dancing fish that I got for my birthday last year from a co-worker (the boys love it A!). So here's the video. . . .



And here's another:

1 comment:

Jen said...

Sucky!!! Hope your ankle feels better soon.

I am home sick today... Really really hoping this isn't a repeat of what I had in 2000, although it started the same way and at about this time of the month...