Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Moving Woes.

I am in despair at the moment. In June our landlord passed away. In July our property manager gave us a piece of paper saying that they we terminating our month-to-month lease and that we have to vacate the premises by August 17th. Well at that point we decided to try to find a house to buy, unfortunately we could not afford much. No matter we forged ahead and even put a bid in on a house only to find out that that home was in foreclosure and unless we closed by August 10th (which was impossible) the house was being sold at public auction. So we started at square one - we found some to look at but none that really appealed to us.

So now it is August and we have to move soon - so now we are looking into rentals. Well we got a tip on a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house that is within our price range. So I went to look at it. It's great. So I got a rental application and took it home and filled it out. Called the lady and have left 2 messages so far that the application is filled out and I would like to turn it in to her - she hasn't called me back. She was kind of taken aback when I told her how many people would be living in the house (3 adults and 4 children) and I think she's deliberately not returning my phone calls. I will keep calling her but I am not hopefully for that house anymore. So I have to find a place to rent. Calls are being un-returned. I spoke with someone who's 3 bedroom condo was in the paper and that place has been rented out but he has another 3 bedroom available but it's not big enough for 7 people. I don't know what to do. We have a week and a half before we have to move and we haven't found anything. I am getting ready to just start driving up and down streets looking for houses for rent and seeing what I can find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have an AWARD on my blog....come pick it up!!!