Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Getting settled.

Well we did it. We moved. On Saturday to be exact. I did and I didn't realize how much stuff our family has then add in my MIL's stuff from her storage unit. About 1/2 of our stuff came to our new place and 1/2 went into storage in the box car at my parents' place. Things are slowly starting to take shape. I do wish we had a garage but c'est la vie.

Last night was when the carpet cleaners came over to our old house and the day that we had to be out of it by. Well the carpet cleaners came over and, of course, with 7 people and 1 dog (who passed away in March) living in our house there was a tremendous amount of ground-in dirt and the carpet couldn't be cleaned fully with one cleaning. Well we didn't have time to have it cleaned a second time, so I left a note for my property manager along with the keys and let him know that we did have the carpet cleaned it just doesn't look it.

A new addition. For a couple of months we had a stray cat (actually 2) hanging around our old house. This cat was okay and fairly friendly. She took a shine to Quinn. She's a brown tabby. We let Quinn name her. Her name is Nikki. Well with moving and everything, we decided to trap Nikki and get her spayed and vaccinated. She was in the garage and I lured her into the trap with some canned chicken on Friday and then took her to work and spayed and vaccinated her. Well, when I spayed her I noticed that she was a nursing mom. Probably only 1 - 2 weeks ago did she have her kittens. Well we couldn't let the kittens starve. So when I got home I turned Nikki loose. When we moved on Saturday we found Nikki and her 3 (about a week old) kittens behind some boxes. We coaxed her and her kittens into the kennel I had borrowed and she came along with us. Fortunately we have found homes for 2 of the kittens. Before they go to their new homes, they will be spayed or neutered. Today or tomorrow I am going to pick up a large cage from my grandma to put this cat and her kittens in.

Since we moved we also have to transfer schools for R. L. This was a fun situation. The school that is closest to us is Central School, we they did not have room for R.L., and their overflow goes to Bryant School. Well this made us mad and frustrated because he was already registered at Rossiter School, so why can't he be bussed from Central to Rossiter, because the school district is strange. They will bus students from one school to another within city limits or without city limits but not between the 2. So R. L. will walk to Central school and take a bus to Bryant School this year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sucks about R.L.'s school situation.....UGH....glad you got moved