I feel as though I have fallen off the face of the planet on here lately. I have been extremely busy and haven't had time to play on the internet. I only have internet access at work, so if I am busy at work, I just don't get to it. However right now I am on-call and currently waiting for an emergency to show up but it is going to take them 40 minutes to get here, so I wil take the time to write up what has been happening.
August 15th - We moved. The place is smaller than what we were in but will work for the time being. The yard is way smaller too but it is completely fenced, so we can allow the 2 year old out to play more often. Although he slipped through the back gate and out into the alley once (our next door neighbor was working on the fence and locked the gate back up but did not close it tightly). Fortunately after running into someone's kitchen he ran back to the house and that lady followed him to make sure he found his way back home. We had this stray cat that had been hanging around the old house and we'd been feeding her. We let Quinn (our cat lover) name the cat, so the day before we moved I trapped her so that we could spay and vaccinate her and bring her with us. Well when I spayed her I found out that she was nursing a litter of kittens and they couldn't be that old. So instead of keeping her in a kennel when I got home I let her go so that she could find her kittens. When we were moving we found her and her litter of kittens (3) in the garage behind some boxes, so we got all of them in the kennel and they came with us. They are currently living in our shed (if they came inside Richard's allergies would not be happy and Audrey (my MIL) would kill her). The kittens were about a week old when we found them.
August 17th - the official day we had to be out of our old house and when the carpet cleaners came. Unfortunately the carpets needed to be cleaned at least twice and well we didn't have time or money to clean them again, so they didn't look like they'd been cleaned at all. All this week (of the 17th) was spent settling in and getting upacked (which we are not fully done yet and probably never will be). I was on-call the weekend of the 22nd, and got called in on 2 horse calls on Saturday. Sunday was okay, however. Richard had to work at 2 and our new ward for church meets at 1. Well he told work he'd be late and we all went to sacrament meeting and I took Richard to work and we back to church for the rest of it. For those that don't know I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and we meet for 3 hours every Sunday.
August 24th - At the end of my day (working 1/2 days I get off at 12:30) Tia (my boss) sends me a dog that she saw as a house call in Boulder (30 minutes south of here) that has never been in a vehicle and he's 7 years old and is a Great Dane. This dog needs radiographs and blood work and I ended up taking him to surgery that afternoon and took out his spleen. The owner's were completely worried about him, so I ended up checking on him late Monday night and Tuesday night (as well as taking care of him during the day). I sent him home Wednesday morning. He finally starting eating at home that night and seemed to be doing well until this past Wednesday (the 2nd) - at which time I find out from the owners that he's not pooping, so I give them some suggestions. Yesterday they called me because he will not stop vomitting foamy liquid and isn't doing well. I ended up putting him down around 6 pm at his home in Boulder last night.
August 26th - Rishy Lee's first day of school. The school that is in the district we live in was full so the school district has to bus him to a different school that had room for him. He gets on the bus at 7:31 am at Central school (the full school) and is supposed to get back to Central School at 4:00 pm. So since I have the afternoon off and it is his first day of school, I am not letting him walk home alone - he doesn't know the area yet. I get to the school with Quinn around 3:50 pm. At 4:15 Rishy Lee is still not there. At 4:30 I started searching for someone at Central School to help me find out where my son is. They called his school and found out he got on the bus. Then they called the bus service and eventually they got a hold of the driver of the bus and Rishy Lee is on the bus. At 5:15 pm Rishy Lee comes walking up the sidewalk to Central School and there is no bus in sight. The bus driver dropped him off a block away from the school!!!!! They had an adult ride with him the next day but he still didn't get off the bus until 4:30. Friday the 28th he got off at 4:16. This week they have been consistently getting him to Central school earlier except for Friday when the bus driver didn't show and they had to find a substitute and he got off around 4:45 pm. The problem is that the route isn't structured well, if they structured the route better he could be to the drop-off around 3:45 pm. This makes for very long days for Rishy Lee and he's been tried and cranky and flushed when he gets off the bus. Currently only 1 of our vehicles are running (we have to get the brakes fixed and have no money to do so, we would have the money if we didn't have to move) so making sure 1 of us (either Richard or myself) could just pick him up from school is not an option. I am praying that a slot opens up in Central school for him. I hate changing schools in the middle of the year but I hate having to bus him even worse.
August 29th and 30th - I did a spay/neuter clinic in Great Falls (about an hour north of here). I brought my SIL with me so that she could watch Devon while I did it. The money I get from that will go to pay back my boss for the money she loaned us so that we could put a rental deposit on the house we just moved into.
August 31st - 2 emergencies seen at my clinic. 1 was a Yorkie puppy with a broken leg, who ended up getting so cold he almost died and whose cast fell off. So he came home with me overnight and I also put a splint on him when his cast fell off. He did okay but I was kept up half the night with him whining, even with heavy-duty pain meds on board. I saw him again today when the splint fell off. We put another more durable splint on him and we will re-check him on Wednesday. Another was a great pyrannes that something tried to eat over the weekend. He had maggots in his nasty wounds on his rear-end and he was septic. He got his wounds cleaned out and got to stay in the hospital on heavy duty antibiotics and IV fluids. Both of these patients went home on Wednesday.
September 1st - I wasn't at work because I was in Whitehall at my great-grandmother's funeral. She was 90. I was named after her, so we shared a special bond and I will miss here greatly. There was the funeral at the catholic church and then the burial of the ashes at her ranch. That was also where my grandpa is buried and I hadn't ever seen his grave because when they buried his ashes I was in the hospital having Cole (that is why Cole's middle name is Thomas, that was my grandfather's middle name). So that was a very emotionally draining day. Also that day was when our new vet started. Tia hired Jillian for mostly equine work but she has to do some small animal. I am just worried that if I only work 1/2 time this month that Jillian will get some of the patients that would normally wait to see me the next day and that I won't make my bonus, which I need to in order to pay bills.
September 2nd - originally I was supposed to be back to full time this month but Tia asked if I still wanted to do 1/2 time - she could see I was stressed and so I said yes that, that would be good but it may become too stressful to me, if I don't earn my full paycheck and bonus.I already covered what has happened today and Friday in my previous day's entries.
I am sorry that this is so long but I've had a lot happen recently.
Hope everyone is doing well. Wish me a quiet long-weekend on-call.
P.S. Oh I forgot to add that my parents are letting us have the male puppy that they got for breeding to their females. He came home with me on Tuesday. So now we also have a dog at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment