So it has been a long while since I last posted on my blog. I don't think I have upset my followers as most of them are family or friends that I keep connected with through other forms of social media or *gasp* talking to in person or, in the case of long-distance family members, on the phone.
While I would really love to give you all a run down of my July this year - it was a doozy - I will have to save that for a later entry, perhaps I'll get a break at work or find time this evening. However I do want to share a thought I had this morning on my commute and that is that I need to get back into writing poetry. I used to love writing poetry and using that creative outlet helped my writing juices flow and I could write short prose and interesting journal entries and, perhaps now, interesting blog entries.
So I wrote a poem this morning that I would like to share now;
I'm Grateful for the Bus
Today. . . .
I'm grateful for the bus.
To get to work without a fuss.
Even though my truck won't run.
I can get more things done.
I can read a book,
and watch people with a look.
My thoughts I can write,
a new poem or feelings come to light.
Today I'm grateful for the bus
and for new experiences that come to us.
I know it is not much but for me it is a start. I'll have to share some of my older poetry so you can see what caliber I would like to get up to.
For now I bid you farewell.
No comments:
Post a Comment