If I wasn't so worried, I would be extremely frustrated right now.
C got into my MIL's pills and took one of her blood pressure pills. This occured while I was at work and my husband called wanting to know the name of the medication that I had refilled (but had not picked up), which of course I did not know. This is occuring while I am in the middle of spaying a cat. Then the message was relayed that C took one of those pills. Well as soon as I could, I left work and ran to Wal-mart to pick up my MIL's prescription, so that we would know what pill he took. In the meantime DH is taking him to the emergency room with another bottle of pills - there were 2 pills missing he could of taken both of them. I meet them as they are getting triaged into the ER. He is sleepy, very, very sleepy at this point, so there is no doubt that he took the medication. One of the side effects is drowsiness. Well anyway, they get him hooked up to an EKG, an IV catheter, pulse ox, and blood pressure monitoring. Then we have to get him to drink activated charcoal mixed with chocolate milk - of course that wasn't happening but mostly because all he wanted to do was sleep. We eventually had to use a syringe to get some in him before the doctor said that the getting the charcoal in him wasn't worth the stress. So we laid down to let him sleep. We then got moved to a room in the women and children's ward. Mostly monitoring at this point. Making sure his heart rate and blood pressure do not get too low. Unfortunately, I had to go back to work, so that's where I am now. I will fill in updates on Monday, I do not have internet access at home, so don't think the worst, when I don't answer any questions until Monday. Keep us in your prayers.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!!! Lots of prayers and love to you guys!!! Hope he is ok. Call me if you need to talk.
Post a Comment