Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We are heading in the right direction.

I am so busy lately that I don't know whether I have said anything about this or not.

We are going to have C evaluated for Autism. My mom and my boss both mentioned to me on separate occasions that he seems to have symptoms of at least being on the Autism scale. So we took him in to his doctor about 2 weeks ago and talked to her. She referred us to the child development center in Missoula. They did an intake interview over the phone. There was a questionaire that they had me take that if C were to score 11 or higher it is possible that he could be on the Autism spectrum. C scored 13. So he is going to be evaluated by a psychologist on the 23rd of this month. They are doing a CARS evaluation (Child Autism . . . can't remember the rest right now). Plus CDC (child development center) gave us a referral to Family Outreach which provides services here in Helena. They came over yesterday and evaluated Cole. He qualifies for their services as he is >40% delayed in both speech and cognition. They do early-childhood intervention for ages 3 and under and 3 and over they transition to the school system. So they made a referral to a speech therapist for C and I have to call her and get her to send in a prior authorization for the therapy to his insurance company and then I have to call his doctor and get a prescription for it sent to her. Family Outreach will pay either for all of it (if the insurance won't cover it) or my co-pay. So that is where we are with C. He'll be starting speech therapy sometime in November it looks like.

No comments: