Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Forgot

So, I forgot to pick a new poetry style for me to work on last night (plus I did not have time), so I decided to share one that I wrote in March that I absolutely love. I hope you enjoy it.

An Ode to My Boys

With happy laughs they flit away,
Their voices echoing their joy,
As they discover a new “toy”.

New worlds to dream of when they play,
A box becomes a fort, a crate,
Any place the dreamers create.

Monsters to chase, dragons to slay,
Knights on horses or in fast cars,
Racing to save the day, no fears.

Buildings to build, hours to stay,
Busy are they, a lot to see,
To do, imaginations free.

Playing and dreaming all the day,
A “kitty” crawls into my lap,
Meows and purrs but cannot nap.

Sleep only continues their play,
In dreams they drive, they race, they run,
Minds play, even though day is done.

And brand new worlds come as they lay,
Curiosity in their mind,
Creates what tomorrow will find.

By: L.L.L.
March 4, 2008
Style: Constanza
The Constanza, created by Connie Marcum Wong, consists of five or more 3-line stanzas. Each line has a set meter of eight syllables. The first lines of all the stanzas can be read successively as an independent poem, with the rest of the poem weaved in to express a deeper meaning. The first lines convey a theme written in monorhyme, while the second and third lines of each stanza rhyme together.
Rhyme scheme: a/b/b, a/c/c, a/d/d, a/e/e, a/f/f.........etc.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love that poem of the boys.