Thursday, September 11, 2008

What were you doing?

Okay, so those in the USA know that today is Patriot Day because of the destruction that occured in New York, Penslyvannia, and Washington, D.C. on this day 7 years ago. So, what were you doing when you found out?
Here's what I was doing: I was in my senior year of college (undergrad) and was just sitting down in my first class of the day. I found out when my professor came in and told us what was happening. It was stunning. I was pregnant with my first child at that time. It's amazing how much destruction people can make and it is amazing how much that destruction can pull people together.
So, please let's have a moment of silence for the fallen and for those who are still fighting for our freedom.




Thanks

1 comment:

Jen said...

I was getting ready for work the morning of. I turned on my TV to watch the news like I always did while I was getting ready and I had to sit down when they showed the video. At the time, it was just after the second plane hit, the towers hadn't fallen yet, and I don't remember if the Pentagon had been hit yet.

It was a very slow day at work. At the time, I worked in a call center and most everyone was not calling in. They were glued to their TV's.

The sacrifices made that day by the good people of New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania will stay in our hearts and minds forever. The soldiers who are fighting the war against the tyrants who did this to us are appreciated and loved.