My haphazard, unplanned, intermittent, and purposeless meditations on my life and other such minutia.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
3-day Weekend
So this past weekend I did, virtually, nothing, and, guess what, that is what I wanted to do. Saturday, I finished my book that I was reading and watched movies with my boys. The whole weekend was overcast and drizzly with overt rain and some hail on Sunday. Sunday I did shampoo the livingroom carpet as my dog had diarrhea overnight, but then I stayed home for the morning. In the afternoon we went to Townsend to have dinner with my family over there. It was fun to get together with family and talk for a while. However, I had to wonder if someone had replaced my regular kids with decaf because we asked them ONCE to pick up the toys at my grandma's house and they did. We only had to ask them ONCE, this behavior was highly unusual and prompted a check of their vital signs before we left. Monday was a lazy day. I wanted to watch movies all day but the TV remote went MIA (and is still MIA) so we couldn't change the input so that we could watch movies. I still curled up on the couch and was in and out of sleep (don't worry my MIL was there and awake the entire time) watching Good Morning America with the boys until they decided they weren't going to stay still anymore and then I went upstairs and took a real nap. We spent the afternoon after my DH got home grocery shopping but the boys wanted to go and they had fun. But that was my weekend. I slacked off and did not write any new poems or did anything of real consequence. Well anyway, I hope everyone had a good labor day weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment